Nutrition is a far greater part of the recovery process than one can imagine. Foods reflect your moods and when used correctly allow one complete control over how they feel. From the moment you arise in the morning until you go to sleep at night, there are food choices which will determine how you will feel.
Morning foods should provide energy and vigor rather than bog you down. Instead of fueling the fogginess they should crack through the haze and boost your concentration levels as you begin the day. Caffeine is not required to achieve this morning energy response. There are other natural food choices that help blast through the fog.
Here are a few suggestions to combat early morning feelings of brain fog:
– Avoid all sweet and refined boxed cereals at all costs. Pancakes and waffles are also not recommended unless whole grain and accompanied by a protein.
– Get up, get dressed and get out… walking past the brain fog after a nutritional meal helps awaken mind and body.
– Watch your thoughts and stop scaring yourself with “what if” thinking.
The best choices for an energy provided breakfast is as follows:
Eggs (prepared in any fashion you prefer), along with whole grain toast or turkey bacon, and warm decaffeinated beverage.
Oatmeal with low glycemic fruits (blueberries, cantaloupe, strawberries), and one egg or protein powder.
Natural peanut butter on whole grain bread with fresh berries or melon slices and decaffeinated warm beverage.
Never skip breakfast and always have this meal within 30 minutes of rising in the morning.
– Dense/Solid Protein such as chicken, meat or fish with a whole grain bread or salad side. (no sweet dressings).
– Salad with Protein (chicken, fish or meat).
– Soup with vegetables and protein (chicken, fish or meat)
– Grilled Cheese on whole grain flatbread with unsweetened beverage.
– Lean Protein (Chicken, Meat or Fish) along with Potato and Green or Yellow Vegetable, Salad.
– Whole Grain Pasta with Protein and Salad or Vegetable.
– Mediterranean Salad with Seafood and Lemon Dressing.
– Chili with Shredded Cheddar and Caesar Salad.
The above suggestions are a minor outline (which is more detailed in our program package), and can be used as a guideline for foods that will allow clarity and peace of mind. They fuel your energy without adding to feelings of anxiety and depersonalization.
Never go more than 4 hours without a meal. Snacks are fine but you’ll find unnecessary if your meal satisfies you.
Suggestions for Snacks:
-Hummus with carrot or celery sticks.
-Natural Peanut Butter and Blueberries on whole grain toast.
-Hard Boiled eggs and Cheddar Cheese. –
-Whole Grain Cereal and Berries
-Fresh Fruit with Cheese or Nuts (nut butters)
-Yogurt and Fresh fruit.
Remember that food is fuel and when the proper nutrition plan is followed it will allow one full control of how they wish to feel. You are always in charge when applying the correct choices and following the proper steps.
The above are only a few examples of how you can use foods to change the way you feel. The combination of this nutrition plan and the proper behavioral modifications will change your life. They will help you maintain balanced blood sugar levels and naturally boosted Serotonin (the feel good chemical) in the brain.
The foods you often crave are often the exact foods that fuel this condition. Choose foods that are low in sugar and do not metabolize into sugar, such as refined white flours, pastas and simple sugars. If you must have a sweet, do it directly after your meal. The goal is to keep stable blood sugar levels and balanced Serotonin in the brain. By following this food plan you will feel happier, more secure and less reactive to outside stimuli.
This is a very specific nutrition plan and must be strictly adhered to in order to achieve results, but well worth the effort. The Behavioral Modification steps are also to be followed precisely to achieve complete success.
This is the combination and path to full and permanent recovery from depersonalization and anxiety. The results will give you back your life as you achieve full clarity and a true sense of well being.
Nursing Jobs in Australia – The Best Job in the World
Nutrition Traps – The Greatest Food Of The Working day!
The Benefits of Buying A Nursing Staffing Franchise