Knee pain can be quite debilitating, as it is one of the most used and complex joints of the human body. The stability of the knee is due to four ligaments, muscles and the actual joint structure. During the course of a normal day, the knee goes through a whole range of motions, from sitting, walking, twisting etc.
The knee also supports out weight in conjunction to the feet. Because of the abuse we put our knees through there can be damage to the muscle, cartilage or the joint itself. Some of the pain can be alleviated with the use of anti-inflammatory ointments or tablets, more severe cases need medical attention for a more effective treatment while some patients have even had their knee or knees replaced.
These can vary from person to person and can range from nagging to acute pain.
* Discomfort while doing normal daily chores
* Inflammation of the joint
* Tenderness around the area
* Instability [knee gives way for no reason]
* A feeling of grinding
* Injury to the knee
* Can manifest it-self with body aches and back pain
Traditionally caused by old age or injury, in this day and age there are more modern causes to this problem:
* Septic arthritis
* Rheumatoid arthritis
Moreover, of course are all the injuries we can sustain due to sport e.g. dislocation, torn ligaments, cartilage injury etc. Painful knee injuries or conditions can interfere with a person’s way of life; some may require surgery while others need extensive rehabilitation therapy.
1) Oil massage – using coconut or olive oil, warm it up and massage the knee in circular movements. This will encourage a better blood flow to the region and ease any inflammation that may be present, thus easing the pain in the area.
2) Herbs – cat claw, devil’s claw and boswellia have known abilities and nutrients, which help assist in alleviating pain and inflammation.
3) R.I.C.E – using this method you can ease the pressure we all put on our knees. [R = rest, I = ice pack, C = compression and E = elevate]. This is a simple way to treat your knee if any trouble flares up.
4) Diet – obesity can cause endless knee problems and it is recommended that you go on a specialized diet and try get back to your ideal weight.
5) Exercise – avoid the exercises that put stress on the problematic knee, but remember to do some strength building exercises to help improve the strength of the knee.
Painful knee problems can also benefit from a well balanced diet plan, remember to drink your usual 2 liters of water every day and limit your intake of salt, fat, alcohol and processed sugars or foods etc.
NETA Certification Review – National Exercise Trainers Association Personal Trainer Certification
Koro: The Shrinking Penis Phobia
Are You Living With a Phobia and Feel That It Will Be With You Forever?